01 May 2009

Who I am

A little more about myself.

I am clearly not trying to hide who I am or how I feel about this world we live in called America. My name is not on my blog, but a little bit of sleuth-work and just about anyone can figure out who just about anybody else is. There are legally licensed websites that, for a fee, will tell you a lot more than anyone really needs to know about someone else (unless you're family).

If I make a statement or take a stand on something, I try to be as knowledgable as possible on the subject. I'm sure there are things I don't know that might affect my stance, but if I don't know them, I don't know them. That's a fact.

Speaking of "facts," I'll tell you about "facts." When I know enough about a subject that I believe that I can form an opinion, I will do so. These opinions are based on everything I know and feel about a subject. There is no such thing as an un-biased opinion. If they weren't biased, they wouldn't be opinions, they'd be facts. To me, a fact is something that is, at least, verifiable in some degree. Some might call it ostensible. I disagree. Whatever. I believe them to be facts. I will do my best to make sure the're true (truth is a whole different concept that takes too long to type in a little blog like mine).

Philosophically, I tend conservative. Not complete, mind you, but a definite tendency. There are a whole bunch of different things mixed in there. Religion, for example. I don't do religion like almost everyone else. I have my own way, and that, my friends, is one of the reasons I love this country. I don't care what your religion is or even if you have one. Please, return the courtesy.

I live in Texas. I choose to. I feel relatively safe where I am. I keep my eyes open, though. I have a family to protect. I fully support the Castle Doctrine, whis is a state law in Texas, so Don't Tread On Me. I will not Tread On You, you have my Word.

Have I ever broken my Word? I must admit that, yes, I have broken my Word. There was a crossroads where keeping my promise would do much more damage than breaking it. It was a moral dilemma. I made a decision, and it was the right one. It still is, but I regret that it came to that. I have learned to live with it, and to be careful where I give my Word.

That's not me-in-a-nutshell, but is a small part of who I am. More later, if you want.

----------------------------------------------------